Note: images for this clip were lovingly borrowed from the feature film, “Persepolis.” Marjane Satrapi’s admirable production. She continues to serve as an inspiration for us all.If you cannot access YouTube, this video is also available here in (English) and (Farsi.)
Much has been said and written on the persecution of the Baha’i minority in Iran, but in these dark days, and as troubling news continues to emerge, it is time to rise up and proclaim, enough! Whether it is justified by religion, or hidden under the guise of nationalism, or instigated by prejudice, religious intolerance is a plague that threatens the fabric of our societies. It is our moral obligation to not sit by silently as our fellow brothers and sisters are murdered, imprisoned and denied their rights as citizens due to their personal beliefs.Spread the word:
- Promote this clip by sharing it with your friends, colleagues, and on social networks.
- Stay aware of human rights abuses against this innocent minority.
Contact Iranian Embassies
- Contact your nearest Iranian embassy, expressing your concern over the treatment of Baha’is. We’ve provided a template letter, as well as contact details of embassies worldwide.
For those in Iran:
- Learn more about the faith, and be aware that the IRI and officials of other countries like Egypt have launched massive propaganda campaigns against them.
- Reach out to Baha’is, and keep an open mind.
Remember, you don’t have to believe in the Baha’i faith in order to tolerate and respect its members. We all deserve equal human rights, and an equal status in citizenship, regardless of our faiths.
[Update: a Farsi version of the template letter is now available. I'd like to take this opportunity to send out a special thank you to all the Iranian youth (who wish to remain unnamed) for their help. Your contribution is greatly appreciated.]
[If you would rather watch a higher resolution version, visit our video sharing site]